The East River Community (ERC) is a federation of groups located on the Sansara continent in Second Life, founded on April 28th, 2008. The community traces its origins from the MBYC Community Land Trust group, a a sailing friendly community founded in 2006.
The East River Community is located in a scenic area laying at the intersection of two rivers and spans over several regions. We strive for quality and a friendly atmosphere. Our towns and villages are not anonymous shopping malls, they are parts of a lively community with cultural events and various activities. We are constantly committed to improve things. We want our tenants to be happy, thus we will work with you to improve your business and we welcome your suggestions. Welcome to our community.
Commercial Rental Information
- The rent and prim allowance are indicated by the rental box.
- The store has its own parcel with independent media streaming. You can set your own video and music streams.
- Parcel name and description can be customized with your own store name and business description. You can freely customize the parcel name and description.
- Inclusion to Second Life Search is included in your rent.
- You can advertise your business through our local kiosks network for free. The network is made of several kiosks spread over 11 regions and located in points of traffic. The kiosks rotate a new poster every 2 hours (time may vary) so to promote several businesses.
- can also promote special events such as sales or promotional campaigns. Up to 3 posters per store are allowed on our network for promote your store on our kiosks network all you need to do is submitting a poster, a notecard with some information and a landmark to reach the store.
- We have a tester that you can use to test your poster before submitting. Please ask one of the managers to send the tester to you.
- You don’t like the store decoration? We can decorate the store the way you want… within limits.
- You can use our venues for your own events for free. We have some locations available.
- You can use part of the store as living quarters, if you wish.
- Before renting please read our Commercial Rental Agreement & Community Rules.
Community Commercial Rental Agreement & Rules
- Your business must comply with Second Life’s Terms of Service and Community Standards.
- No guns or any other device meant to harm or attack other people. We are a peaceful community.
- Sorry, no sex shops, escort agencies or sexual gadgets. The rating of our regions is Mature, thus adult-rated content is not allowed by Linden Lab in our regions.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please, keep the number of your items within the prim allowance assigned to you. If you exceed your prim allowance we may request that you remove a number of objects . If the exceeding prims are not removed in due time we will return objects in excess at our discretion.
- You cannot buy additional prims.
- You can have wall signs and one external kiosk per door. Please, don’t overdo it and keep any external kiosk within the limits of the store parcel. Special cases where the parcel leaves little external space will be handled accordingly. We reserve the right to remove any object outside your store that we may find questionable or excessive in number.
- The clear boundaries of the leased space shall be observed. That is, no primitives shall grossly protrude through the floor, walls, roof or into the walkway/flyway spaces. This also applies to particles. If you have devices with floating text please make sure that the text does not show through walls.
- No scripts causing excessive load on the region are allowed (typical vending machines, sensing devices etc. are fine).
- You can advertise your business only where it is allowed, namely through our commercial kiosk network or where allowed for special events.
Failure to meet these terms will be judged by the management. If a tenant is judged to be in breech, they will be notified by the management of the problem and given a reasonable time to respond and rectify the problem. Failure to meet these terms within an acceptable time period will result in termination of the rental agreement.
How to rent
Please, follow these steps:
- You can pay your rent directly to the rental box from a minimum of 1 week to a maximum of 12 weeks, renewable. To rent the store click on the rental box with your right mouse button and select Pay.
[Insert image here]
The rental box.
- You can renew your lease at any time by paying the rent to the rental box.
- Please, pay your rent before the lease expires. Be aware that if you forget to renew the store will be liable to be rented by others and your items will be returned to you. We are not responsible for any damage this may cause.
The following managers are available for any need:
Volchia Ferduccio, daltonprock, and Elisha Paklena.